Teen Challenge is one of the world's leading drug rehab centres with a very high success rate for helping people become free from drugs and alcohol. Teen Challenge London is a 18-month, faith-based, residential drug rehabilitation programme located in East London which offers men aged 18-40 freedom from drug and alcohol addiction. Based on Christian principles the programme offers spiritual and academic training, equipping individuals to return to society as responsible adults. A ladies rehab centre is available in Wales. See Hope House in our directory of UK rehab centres.
Teen Challenge holds a remarkable high documented cure rate. Statistics show that many secular government-funded drug rehabilitation programmes have less than a 10% cure rate after treatment. Independent research in the United States has consistently shown that over 70% of Teen Challenge graduates have remained drug-free – when surveyed five years after graduation!
What We Do
- We minister primarily to men with drug and alcohol problems, who abuse substances on a daily or several times weekly basis. Our ladies centre is based in Wales.
- Our age group is 18-40 years of age.
- We believe strongly that as a man yields himself to God, he will change. At all points we preach, teach and counsel that God can change any life with an emphasis on daily practical application.
- Our ministry is entirely based upon a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
- Our counselling is not psychological but Biblical in perspective.
- We are a Christian Discipleship Programme endeavouring to make men into disciples of Jesus Christ, based on inter-denominational teaching.
- We teach basic life skills, such as responsibility, good work habits, integrity, self-discipline and ethical morality.
- We prepare our students to re-enter society as good employees, husbands & fathers, functioning as ‘substance-free’ individuals.
We Are Not
- We are neither a psychiatric facility nor a medical facility. We do not admit persons who have existing mental problems that would prohibit the individual from cooperating with the programme schedule and overall agenda of activities.
- We are not qualified to dispense psychotic medicines and thus we do not accept applicants requiring these medications.
- We currently do not make referrals on mental health conditions as we are not a mental health facility and feel it should be the responsibility of the family and a qualified professional.
- We are not a government agency. We do not accept government funding but are privately funded.
- We are not an alternative to prison. All applicants (where possible) must resolve legal issues before entering Teen Challenge.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to applicants at our discretion and to dismiss students who disrupt the programme.
- We do not exclude people who are:
- HIV positive
- Hep. A, B or C positive
- Those with multiple addictions
- We do not give long-term care to the consistently violent, unteachable, or game-players. These are character traits that warrant dismissal from the program.